- 2 cups onion (small, yellow, cut into eighths)
- 2 cups tomatoes (chopped, peeled, fresh, ripe, about 1 pound)
- 2 cups squash (thinly sliced yellow and green, about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cup green beans (cut fresh, about 1/2 pound)
- 2/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh, minced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
- 1 pound spaghetti (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- black pepper (to taste)
1. Combine first 10 ingredients in large saucepan. Cook for 10 minutes, then stir in tomato paste. Cover and cook gently, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
2. Cook spaghetti in unsalted water according to package directions.
3. Spoon sauce over drained hot spaghetti and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.