- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 summer squash (large, thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil, fresh
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese or Romano cheese (grated)
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
1. Using a large, ovenproof frying pan, heat 1 Tablespoon of oil to medium high.
2. Arrange squash in pan, add water and season lightly with salt, pepper and basil.
3. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until tender crisp.
4. Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with remaining oil. Place under a preheated broiler and broil until cheese melts and browns slightly.
Tip: Add cut up fresh tomatoes, green peppers, green beans, eggplant, onions, or other vegetables in season.