- 1 pound ground beef, or turkey, 7% fat (93% lean)
- 2 bunches spinach (washed and cut into pieces may substitute a 1-pound bag of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained)
- 1/2 onion (small, finely chopped)
- 2 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups brown rice
- black pepper (to taste)
1. Preheat frying pan (no oil).
2. Combine all ingredients except brown rice in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
3. Form mixture into 12 small balls. Place in frying pan and flatten into patties using a spatula.
4. Cook over medium heat until cooked on both sides.
5. Serve over brown rice.