- 1 cup brown rice (instant)
- 2 cups chicken broth (reduced sodium)
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated onion (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (ground)
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper (optional)
- 2 cups sweet potato (peeled and diced)
- 1 can tomatoes (diced, 14.5 ounces, with liquid)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy, reduced fat)
- 1 1/4 cup milk (non-fat)
- 3 cups baby spinach (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup peanuts (roasted, chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onion (optional, thinly sliced for garnish)
1. Combine first 9 ingredients in a soup pot. Bring to boil, then turn down to medium low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in peanut butter and milk. Return to gentle simmer and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Ladle stew into bowls and top with peanuts and green onion, if desired.