- 3 pounds chicken pieces, skin removed
- 2 cups tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup mild chiles (canned and diced)
- 2 cups pinto or garbanzo beans, canned, drained, or cooked and drained
- salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
1. Place chicken pieces in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover.
2. Cook until tender, about 25 minutes.
3. Remove chicken pieces from the broth.
4. Add tomatoes, garlic, onion, and chilies.
5. Remove chicken meat from the bones and return meat to broth.
6. Add beans and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 15 minutes.