- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup non-fat milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt, non-fat vanilla
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel (grated, yellow only)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sald
- 1 1/2 cup fresh (or frozen unsweetened) blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons walnuts (coarsely chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Position rack in the center of the oven.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the egg, milk, yogurt, oil and lemon peel.
3. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt onto the liquid ingredients. Using a fork, stir very lightly, just until ingredients are combined.
4. Gently fold in the blueberries. Pour the batter into an 8- or 9-inch baking pan coated with nonstick spray.
5. In a small bowl combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over the cake batter.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Allow the cake to cool in the baking pan on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature.