- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups cooked or 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern or cannellini white beans
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Cook rice according to package instructions.
2. While rice is cooking, heat olive oil in a large stock pot. Add garlic, onion, and celery and cook until soft, for about four minutes.
3. Add stock, tomatoes, and seasoning and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, stir in the beans, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the cooked rice and serve. Top with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.