- 1 teaspoon oil or margarine
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken, boneless skinless
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can pineapple juice, frozen concentrate (6 ounces)
- 2 cans water (12 ounces)
1. Defrost the pineapple juice.
2. Grease a large frying pan. Heat the pan on low.
3. Put the chicken parts in the hot pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Cook until the chicken begins to brown.
5. Add the defrosted pineapple juice to the pan.
6. Swish the water in the can, and add it to the pan.
7. Cover and cook slowly, turning now and then, for 50 minutes or until the chicken is fork tender.
8. Put the chicken on a warm platter.
9. Skim the fat from the chicken juices in the pan.
10. Boil down the juices until they are slightly thickened (about 5 minutes).
11. Return the chicken to the pan. Reheat it for a few minutes.