- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup uncooked (non-instant) white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
1. In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the oil and garlic and cook until soft, about four minutes.
2. Add the rice and cook for about two minutes, stirring constantly, so as not to burn.
3. Add the water, spices, beans, corn, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Serve alone or make into burritos by wrapping filling in a flour tortilla. Serve with shredded lettuce and fresh tomatoes if you like.