- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup carrot (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (ground)
- 2 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 cups water (or chicken broth)
- 3/4 cups tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cup chicken, cooked, skinned and cubed
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked (or white rice)
- 1 cup kale (chopped, about one large leaf)
1. Heat oil in a medium sauce pan. Add onion and carrot. Sauté until vegetables are tender, about 5-8 minutes.
2. Add thyme and garlic. Sauté for one more minute.
3. Add water or broth, tomatoes, cooked rice, chicken and kale.
4. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.