- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 1/2 green pepper (diced)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic poswer
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice (instant, uncooked)
- 1 can black beans or beans of your choice (16 ounces)
1. Sauté onion and green pepper in canola oil, in a large pan, until tender. Do not brown.
2. Add tomatoes, beans (include liquid from both), oregano, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil.
3. Stir in rice and cover.
4. Reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.