- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound turkery, sausage, casings removed
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 teaspoons Cajun seasonings, depending on your spiciness preference
- 2 (15-ounce) cans red beans (kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomaotes
- 2 cups cooked long grain brown rice
1. Cook rice according to package instructions.
2. In a large stock pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the sausage, garlic, pepper, onion, and celery. 3. Break sausage into bite-sized pieces as it cooks. Stir until sausage is cooked all the way through and vegetables are tender.
4. Add the seasoning, beans, water, and tomatoes. Mix well with the sausage. Bring to a boil.
5. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes. Serve over hot, cooked rice.